The information and communication technologies (ICT) are present in virtually all areas of our lives. Right now there is a marked expansion of these technologies in the health field. Of particular interest is the use of VR as a therapeutic tool for the treatment of various psychological disorders.
VR offers a "new way of doing therapy" and has important advantages for the therapeutic context. This is a new technology that involves the generation of a series of three-dimensional environments in which the user not only has the sensation of being physically present, but can also interact with them in real time.
The purpose of these systems is to provide the therapist with a tool to generate experiences and create useful therapeutic contexts for the patient, markedly improving the therapeutic experience and treatment efficacy. Previ currently has the following applications:
• Open Virtual Out (Claustrophobia)
• Virtual Flight (Fear of Flying)
• Virtual & Body (Eating Disorders)
• Virtual Going Out (Agoraphobia)
• Virtual Pathological Gambling (Pathological Gambling)
• Virtual Acrophobia (Fear of heights)
• EMMA (Engaging Media for Mental Health Applications)
• Cockroach phobia
• Tell me (Fear of public speaking)
• Without Fear (Fear of small animals)